lunes, 14 de marzo de 2022

FIND THE FIB/ESL VIDEO

By Jara María Fernández

  • Offline resources:

FIND THE FICTION:

This is a Cooperative Learning structure suggested by Kagan. It is mainly a problem-solving task. It is fun because students need to search for the truth so that they can guess the fib. The teacher starts giving three statements about his personal issues to the class. Two of the statements are true, and one is false. Taking turns around the team, one student at a time reads their three statements as if they are all true. The other students on the team can talk to each other about which statement they think is the FIB.

One example:

What kind of person do you think I am? What have I done in my life or where have I been to?

Here there are three statements about myself. Two statements are true and one of them is false. What sentence is false according to you?

  1. I can speak Swedish.

  2.  I have been to New York.

  3.  I’m  from  Barcelona.


Online resources:

https://www.eslvideo.com/

I use this resource for flipped classroom activities. Students are assigned to watch a video and answer the questions at their own pace. Students can also be tracked by the teacher if the teacher sends them a class code. As a teacher, you can also create your own activities with authentic material (ted talks, songs, etc) and this material can be adapted based on the difficulty of questions related to the video.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario