lunes, 14 de marzo de 2022

Story cubes

By Jara María Fernández, Arantzazu Fernández, Alba Paredes and Laura Benito.

I have just bought a box of story dices to practice past tenses. I have never used them before. I'm afraid some low-grade students could have some serious difficulties when trying to tell a story based on the cube's pictures on one hand, and some other students might experience a lack of imagination on the other. However, I will give a try.



In my case, as I´m a secondary school I think is a great idea to make them think and make up a story,maybe one day in which you do not want to use the book because they are tired.
It could be done as a speaking but afther that thet could write it or even make a comic.
I´ll get them!.


I usually use them in my Speaking classes. In advanced groups, they are told to write a story on their own and in low-level groups, I let them work in pairs.


Story cubes are very useful materials for encouraging students to talk or write stories.

And you can also make them. Here you have some webpages where you can print them for free:





By Yolanda Martínez.

You may also have story cubes online using this genially:

https://view.genial.ly/5bba214002bce40c952422a2/interactive-content-story-cubes


By Miriam Díaz

I share you some other Genial.ly in Spanish with dices, some of them you can edit and yo write in English.

I hope you like them


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario