jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2021

Relaxing corner

By Laura Benito


4 years ago I was the tutor of 4ºB Primary in a Village in Valladolid. The coordination with the tutor of 4ºA was continuous and we tried to make the same things, activities, classroom layout... Moreover, I was the English teacher for both classes.

One of the fantastic things we made was the "Relaxing corner". It was a corner in the classroom where fast-finishers could go for relaxing, reading or playing a board game. However, we also used it when we all finished an activity soon or for doing co-operative activities.

It was a different corner because of its decoration. We made a big tree where the leaves were the initial letter of the name of each student.



Then, we made personalized cushions. I bought 24 cushions for 1 euro in a street market and my colleague made the cushion covers. Then, each child decorated his/her cushion and wrote a positive sentence using textile markers.





And these are some of the games we used in our "Relaxing corner".



The funny thing is that, although the school was not bilingual, I made my class bilingual anyway.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario